Kismet, already well known all over the world through GEF – the World Festival of Creativity in Schools – is now organizing the tenth singing contest for soloist singers from 6 to 15 years old, “sanremoJunior”, to spread and give importance to music and singing among young persons, putting them in touch with professionals of the sector in an international and multi ethnic environment. “sanremoJunior” is also a window for visibility in the media, both nationally and internationally.
Only participants between the ages of 6 and 15 from Participating Countries, and participants that have been selected directly by the International Committee of sanremoJunior in other Non-Participating Countries, are allowed to take part in the contest of “sanremoJunior”.
Participants intending to apply in the different sections for the 2019 edition must have reached the required age between 1st of January and 31st of December 2019.
The contest is subdivided into 3 sections:
CATEGORY A: Singers
- Pop music, rock, jazz, folk and rap
A1. From 6 to 9 years old (born between 1 Jan. 2013 and 31 Dec. 2010)
A2. From 10 to 12 years old (born between 1 Jan. 2009 and 31 Dec. 2007)
A3. From 13 to 15 years old (born between 1 Jan. 2006 and 31 Dec. 2004)
Each song may be presented in Italian, and/or any other language. If the language used is neither Italian nor English, an English translation of the text must be provided.
Both published and unpublished songs will be welcomed in the contest. Contestants have to present only one musical piece lasting no longer than 3:30 minutes to be selected and it must remain the same one through all further stages of the competition.
- National selections of sanremoJunior will take place in Participating Countries that have signed a contract with Kismet srl, and will be responsible for arranging national selection/auditions.
- Participants living in Countries where no local national selection will take place, can send their entry form filled in (the song on a CD and everything requested as instructed in paragraph 13) to Kismet/sanremoJunior in Sanremo Italy, where a special committee of experts will select one participant from every Non-Partipating Country to enter the World Finals.
- Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org – to know the list of Countries with local national selections.
The participants admitted to the World Finals will perform live with an Orchestra at Teatro Ariston in Sanremo.
ENTRY FEES – PARTICIPANTS COMING FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES (not from Italy)
- The organization, in each authorized Country, for their national selection will establish the amount and collect the entry fee in their Country
- The entry fee, for participants from non Participating Countries with no local national selection will submit their application directly to Sanremo, with a fee of:
€ 200 net – including:
Audition with a Jury panel in charge by the Committee of “sanremoJunior” selecting songs on CDs or DVDs, arriving from participants from all over the world.
The entry fee for every participant admitted to the World Finals at Teatro Ariston Sanremo Italy (live with Orchestra) the 1st of May 2019 (date to be confirmed) is:
- € 120 net – for the participants selected from a Participating Country with a national selection
- € 200 net – for the participants selected from a Country without a national selection.
The fee includes:
- Teatro Ariston with audio and lighting equipment
- Rehearsals with the Orchestra
- Accompaniment by the Orchestra during the performance in the World Finals
- SIAE – copyright fees for the piece in competition
A part of the entry fees will be donated to UNICEF
In short, in Countries authorized with a National Selection of “sanremoJunior (except that for Italy), the local Organisation will select the participants admitted into the World Finals in Sanremo Italy.
Participants from other Countries, worldwide, (except that for Italy) with no local selections, can submit their entry forms, CDs / DVDs and everything requested (see paragraph 13) directly to “sanremoJunior” – Via Roma, 166 – 18038 Sanremo (Italy) where a Jury panel in charge by the Committee of “sanremoJunior” will select participants for the World Finals.
All the participants will receive:
- “sanremoJunior” pass
- Badge and badgeholder
- “sanremoJunior” Cap
Both published and unpublished pieces will be welcomed in the contest.
All the participants are obliged to present for selection one piece that will be the same in all eventual following further selections and Finals.
Each piece will last maximum 3,30 minutes and will be submitted as a recording in one of the following formats: CD or DVD. They must be accompanied by a completed registration form and by a copy of the receipt of the payment for the entry fee for each participant submitted (see art. 4 and 13).
The following details must be clearly written or printed on a sticker on the cover of the CD or DVD: full name, title of the piece, genre, author, duration and clearly stated if it is an original piece or an arrangement, whether or not it was ever performed, etc.
No choreographies or special lighting will be included, except for those which might be chosen by the organizers (their decision will be final) but that will have no bearing on the overall Panel decisions. Also choirs cannot be included.
During the selections and the World Finals in Sanremo a panel of expert judges by the Committee of “sanremoJunior” will select the prize winners. The valuation will be based not only on the usual technical and artistic criteria, (performing technique, expression, musicality and interpretation), but also on potential emerging both from the pieces performed and their performances. The Panel’s decisions are final.
Every contestant participating in the World Finals in Sanremo Italy, have to provide the orchestra with their song (arrangement) in full score. The organizing committee will ask for it later on.
Each Finalist must provide all equipment needed to perform with, of the musical piece selected by the Panel, the sheet music for the orchestra conductor (full score) as well as for the orchestra (score).
Rehearsals with Orchestra will take place just before the Contest of the World Finals in Sanremo, dates and time will be communicated at a later stage.
As sanremoJunior is the only competition for soloists aged 6 to 15 years under the Official Patronage of Sanremo (Comune di Sanremo), the Committee of sanremojunior can ask every participant to perform (not in competition) on a stage or stages around in Sanremo, or during the year on different dates and places. Technical specifications at a later stage.
The Organization will provide professional audio and lighting equipment (technical specifications will be communicated at a later stage).
Forward the entry form to “sanremoJunior” c/o Kismet, Via Roma 166 -18038 SANREMO – Italy by the 15th of February 2019 including following:
- Only 1 song of maximum 3:30 minutes recorded on DVD or CD with no trace of other vocals such as double voices or choirs;
- The text for the song can be in Italian and or in any foreign language or any dialect. In the case that the language is not Italian or English, it is mandatory to present a text with translation into English or Italian.
- Entry form filled in and signed by parents or tutor.
- Copy of the participant’s identity-card.
- 3 passport sized photos.
- Copy of the parents or the tutors identity-cards.
- Curriculum in Italian or English, max. 10 lines about the artist.
- Proof of payment of the entrance fee.
- Forms about the privacy rules (UE n.679/2016)(GDPR), filled in and signed.
- TV Talent Release Form – permission to broadcast filming of participants, filled in and signed.
The Organization is not responsible for possible postal mistakes or delays in any stage of the contest.
A confirmation letter will be sent out 45 days before the event to every participant admitted to the World Finals.
The participants admitted to the competition Finals should send confirmation of their participation in writing (by e-mail) within 35 days before the competition dates including all what is asked for in sanremoJunior’s confirmation letter (hotel booking forms to be filled in, etc.)
Any participant not providing the items requested will be excluded.
Entry fee, and admission fee (see paragraph 5.) for the selection and the World Finals must be paid to:
- Banca CARIGE – C.so Mombello – Sanremo Fil 301
- Beneficiary: KISMET s.r.l.
- Causal: the name of the participant – sanremoJunior
- IBAN: IT76V0617522700000000810220
- swift BIC: CRGEITGG301
No other sort of payment is possible.
The participants must be punctual on the day, at the place and time established and communicated previously by the organization or they will be excluded from the competition with no reimbursement.
The texts in competition must not contain expressions which could be found offensive to common decency, and/or the State, Institutions, the Church, or any Religion.
During the performance, attitudes, clothes, movement or behaviour which could offend common decency, are not allowed. Moreover, it is compulsory for the participants to behave correctly according to the rules of public spirit during all stages of the contest and they must respect people and public property. In the case of any incorrect behaviour, the participant will be immediately disqualified.
All entrants taking part in the competition Finals in Sanremo will undertake to pay for its own board and lodgings. For reasons of organization and event management, Finalsists and accompanying adults, or anyone spending nights in Sanremo while taking part in sanremoJunior, will need to book through the organization of sanremoJunior choosing accommodation from the price list (on our site www.sanremojunior.it) in order to gain accreditation and be able to take part in the competition Finals. Each participant admitted to the Finals will receive a hotel booking-form from the booking organization outlining modes of payment. Early bookings to the Finals are highly recommended.
Prize list – Sanremo, World Finals
- “Grand Prix” “sanremoJunior” to the absolute winner
- “sanremoJunior Committee’s Award” to the finalist chosen from sanremoJunior Committee
- Trofey “sanremoJunior ” to the 1st and 2ndand 3rd classified of each section.
- Diploma Grand Finals “sanremoJunior ” for every other participant.
Should a dispute arise the exclusive place of jurisdiction will be the Courts of Law in Sanremo – Imperia (Italy). This regulation is entirely regulated by the Italian law.
Anyone taking part in the event is expected to have read and understood the conditions set by these regulations and to accept them unconditionally. Participation to the event also implies that each participant explicitly agrees to process all personal data provided, according to UE n.6798/2016 (GDPR).
Information about the privacy according to UE n.6798/2016 (GDPR) and forms to be filled in
General Eligibility Requirements PDF